Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Leo Ryan is Here!

 Sorry these photos are a week late, but I've been, ya know, busy. My water broke at 11:30 pm last Tuesday, and this little guy was forcefully vacuumed into the world at 8:21 in the morning after a lovely night of labor.  We really really like him.

 He likes to sleep.

 See? But even when he's awake he's really laid-back and calm and suggley and wonderful pretty much all the time (especially compared to, ehem, my first kid, even at this age). And oooooooo, wait for it, he's already sleeping through the night! That's right, all night, three nights in a row now. Let's hope it sticks!

 Rose loves being a big sister so far, even though she insists she's not the "Big Sister" but the "Rosie Sister" (in Rose-talk, Daddy means big, Mommy means medium, and Rosie means small. So a "big" sister would be daddy-sized. She knows she's not as big as Dad, therefore she's the Rosie Sister. Get it? Language is so complicated.) In this picture, I'm showing her how the baby likes to hold fingers. She's impressed.
One proud daddy, looking surprisingly dapper after staying up with me in the hospital all night.

 Siblings are good to have.

More sleepies. I'm making a mental note to take more open-eyed pictures for the next post, which will be coming soon.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, he's darling! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness he is cute! Congrats on a sweet baby boy! I must say though I am jealous of the good and calm baby that sleeps through the night. ;) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come back yet and hold him some more? I love him! And plus he smells like fresh bread.

    Those pictures turned out really cute, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete