Saturday, March 3, 2012

One year older and wiser too

Happy Birthday to Rose! She talks, she colors, she finally has hair, she's TWO!
I started out being extra-excited about decorating. This is only half of what I planned on doing, but after putting up the lights and those giant tissue poof-balls, my practical self (and also my pregnant self) reminded me that she wouldn't remember it anyway and we were only receiving two guests, namely Grandma and Grandpa. So, the super-duper parties can wait until her long-term memory kicks in and she has more friends to enjoy it.

Rose is forever trying to blow out candles that she's not supposed to blow out, so this moment was huge. She had a whole cake-full of candles to blow out, and blow she did.

Got one!

Still blowing. That last one was stubborn. Rose shouted "Guck!" (roughly translated: "It's stuck") when she couldn't get the last one to go out.

All her hard work paid off!


Her favorite presents were this scooter car from Grandma Law. . .
. . . and this music-playing book from Grandma McLean. Note my bursting-at-the-seams-even-though-I'm-only-eleven-weeks-along  belly.
It's good to be two!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun party! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaah! Little Rosie Pie! I can't believe how long her hair has gotten, it looks so cute with that pink blossom clip! (and I really love your haircut, from what I can see of it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your big girl two year old! Congrats on the new baby! So exciting! What a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, well, somehow I missed the "I'm pregnant" memo - SOOOO excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete