Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our baby Rose

Hello world! Here she is at 7.06 lbs, 19.5 in.

Our pretty little baby is finally here! She arrived right on time. My water broke at one in the morning on her due date, March 2nd. About sixteen hours later, out she came. I made that sound much easier than it was.

Rose recognized Ryan's voice right away. This is them just after she was cleaned up from delivery. She loves her daddy so much!

Sleepy baby.

This is me (wearing a particularly alluring robe) getting to know my baby girl.

That's a big look of relief on Ryan's face. We had a bit of a scare when the doctor realized the cord was wrapped tight around her neck and she was stuck hard in my extra-small birth canal. They had to vacuum her out and give her oxygen, but she came away with nothing worse than a egg-sized hickey on her head and a bruised face. Whew!


Sleepy mom.

Here's a picture just for you, Jamie. This is me feeling really puffy at almost 38 weeks.

Ryan liked this picture, so here it is.

13 comments:

  1. Oh yay yay yay! Rose, what a perfect little name for a perfect little girl in a perfect little family! Thanks for sharing and posting pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaAAAWW! So precious!!! sigh...I can't wait to hold her when I visit this summer! Give her extra snuggles from her Aunt Jamie! No really, go snuggle her for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the pictures! CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jenay!!! She is absolutely beautiful. And you are disgustingly cute when you're pregnant. Enjoy your little pink bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaya! You don't have to hold a dish towel baby thingy anymore! ;-) Congrats she is super cute! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! She's adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenay! We are so happy for you!! She's beautiful and so are you (love the tummy!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Jenay!! She's beautiful and you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, wow. So I go from zero words from you since last April to pictures of your gorgeous little girl!??! Congrats! Where are you guys living, how can I get a hold of you? I need to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations you two! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is adorable!!!! Makes me want a little girl! Though i wouldn't trade my boys for anything! Sorry things got a little scary with the delivery. I know exactly how the cord around the neck stress is. It's no fun at all. You look adorable pregnant too. Of course i knew you would! Enjoy your little girl they grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you put together a good looking kid. Well done, Jenay and Ryan.

    Shawn recognized my voice really quickly too. He showed himself to be 100% daddy's boy the day he was born. Has Rose shown to have a favorite parent yet?

    I'm sure you're just beaming and loving being parents. Congrats and have fun.

    -Shem
    (AKA Seth Lighthouse:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jenay-
    Congratulations on your baby girl! I googled your name and was hoping this was your blog! How are you? Where are you living? Would love to catch up! Here's my info: sskeem28@yahoo.com or you can check out my blog:
    skeemfamof7.blogspot.com
    Hope to hear from you soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete